Ok, so I thought, New Years... We all make resolutions, perhaps my next blog should be about the dreaded weight loss plan... for dogs! But then that would be boring... How about something a tad more humorous?
As you know, dogs are famous for chomping and swallowing all kinds of goodies; so I have done some really interesting research to find my top ten foreign bodies retrieved from our canine friends. First, I want to list the runners up, starting with number 10...
10) A Homer Simpson toy ("Doh!")
9) A Fork (what was on it?)
8) 15 inch serrated knife (what an x-ray!)
7) Engagement ring (hope they stayed together)
6) A cell phone (imagine calling that!)
5) Nine golf balls (FORE)
4) Fifteen baby pacifiers (wonder if he stopped crying?)
3) A box of nails with 130 nails (no hammer)
2) 100 W light bulb (gulp)
1) And my personal favorite. The top oddest object removed from a dog...
A RUBBER DUCKY…….Quack Quack!
So go give your pooch a big kiss and remove all reachable items from your kitchen counter, tool box, golf bag, toy box, etc.
**Note that no dogs were injured during this blog and all dogs recovered safely from their intestinal surgery.**
~Dr. Shae Martin, DVM
And just one very important message to all of our clients and friends before we go...
Thank you ALL so much for a wonderful first year, (November 1st was our anniversary!), and we would like to take a moment to wish you and your families lots of love, health, and happiness in 2013 and always... and a hug for your children and pets!
Wishing You a Happy and Safe Holiday Season,
Kelly Heiman, Shae Martin, and all of the West Maui Animal Clinic Staff